This is Ethiopian Review Policy Research Center’s series on From Dictatorship to Democracy extracted from books published by Albert Einstein Institution.
CIVIL RESISTANCE = TO REMOVE + TO REPLACE
Though usually recognized as a “conservative pillar of support,” organized religion sometimes plays a very dynamic role during processes of political change.
Dictators tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government’s policies and actions.
Organized religion is generally conservative and supportive of the existing power structure in society because they often have more operational influence and freedom than other institutions or groups.
In organized religion, the six sources of power can be found.
1. Authority of being between you and the supreme being,
2. Enormous human resources not only priest, but the believers, ready to act and support Church decisions,
3. Skills and knowledge to perform all those religious rituals,
4. Huge material resources, buildings, real estate, gold..
5. Damning sanctions (excommunication), and of course
6. Intangible factor of obeying the Church’s obligations and rules.
To view the key points for disintegrating the support he gets from Religious Organizations, CLICK:Disintegrating Tyrant’s Key Pillar of Support – THE RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS
We would like to hear from you. Please email us your suggestions or feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org